Katalyst aims to be a leader in this continual elevation and transformation of young women from low income communities to lead change in their professional and personal spheres of life. Katalyst was set up in 2007 under the aegis of Human Capital for Third Sector, a section 25 not-for-profit company founded in 2005. Human Capital for Third Sector known under the brand, Third Sector Partners (www.thirdsectorpartners.com) is India’s first executive search firm for the social sector.
To achieve this, Katalyst provides an enabling environment to enhance the employability of girl students pursuing professional degrees or courses. Katalyst does this through specific interventions such as skill enhancement, mentor support, assistance with internships and exposure to corporate life.
Investing in education is the most effective way of reducing poverty. And, investing in Secondary School Education yields high dividends. Women account for one-half of the potential talent base throughout the world and therefore, over time, a nation’s competitiveness depends significantly on whether and how it educates and utilizes its female talent. The educational achievements of women can have ripple effects within the family and across generations. Hence, we at Katalyst are focusing on girls’ education in tertiary sector.
These “Katalysts” will then catalyze positive change and influence society creating a ripple effect and leading to economic and social empowerment.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- To enhance employability of the girl students thereby marking their foot prints in the managerial cadre of India Inc.
- To encourage and empower talented girls to take on roles of leadership and innovation and participate in the process of community building.
- To increase the management bandwidth of corporate India through the talent pool thus created, giving India Inc. access to an untapped talent base.
- To raise their capacity to command a higher annual salary.
- Girl students pursuing professional degrees like Engineering, Architecture, Medicine and Chartered Accountants preferably from colleges of repute.
- Prospective students should have a good academic track record
- Family income of less than Rs. 2 lakhs per year.
The Programme supports the girl during their entire undergraduate studies.
HCTS is registered u/s 80G of the Income Tax Act dated.02-06-2008 with perpetual validity.
HCTS is registered under the Foreign Contributions (Regulation) Act FCRA 083780558 dated 11.01.2012 for the receipt of foreign donations.