The mentor program offers Katalysts an opportunity to interact with mature, educated individuals from various professional fields outside their communities who can guide them and expose them to a new set of experiences and perspectives.
The two key differentiating factors between these girls and those from a more privileged background are the level of exposure to new experiences and a lack of a competent role model.
The mentor program aims at helping Katalysts define themselves, learn essential life skills and evaluate various career options. It is thus founded on four pillars of support as outlined below
- Socio-emotional Support
- Personality Development
- Academic Support
- Career guidance and support
- If you are interested in joining as a mentor please click on Join Us and fill out your information
- You will be sent a mail to login and to access the online mentor registration form
- We will then conduct an orientation session detailing the expectations, focus areas and challenges foreseen
- Each mentor will be assigned 1-2 mentees
- Efforts will be made to match profiles for interest, education and geographical location
- Mentors are expected to meet with the mentees for an hour twice a month. In case a meeting is not possible in a particular month, they should speak over the phone. Phone meetings are encouraged after meeting a few times to build rapport.